I get a lot of emails from people asking me, what are some of the WordPress plugins I use for some of my datafeed sites, so today I’m gonna share my top 5.
First off, on all my WordPress Datafeed sites I use nothing but Thesis Theme. Best “out of the box” theme out there!
1. CSVPiG – I’ve been using this plug in for over a year now and absolutely love it. You can download any CSV files from the likes of ShareASale, CJ, Linkshare, etc. It does take a little getting used to with the Tokens. But once you use it a few times, it’s very easy.
2. Hot Linked Image Cacher – The killer plugin automatically searches for Hot Linked Images within your posts and automatically cache the images locally and update the img links within your posts. This way you are not relying on the merchant’s images or server. Thanks to Logan Thompson for introducing me to this one.
3. Thumbnail For Excerpts – With this plugin, it will grab you post image and create a thumbnail for you automatically. With a few clicks you can center it, change the size of the image. It very easy to use. (Again thanks to Logan.)
4. CloakPiG – With CloakPiG will automatically cloak every external link you add to any post or pages. It also has a simple, but useful click counter.
5. Thesis Openhook – Although I have had a lot of issues with the newest version, this is still a must have if you are using Thesis. It makes it easy to customize Thesis. One thing I do like is for a novice you can turn on the Hook Locations and look at your blog and you will see where all the hooks are.
What are some of your favorites?