Details about the event:
- Palms Casino Resort, 2nd floor
- Jan 18th 6:00-9pm
- Wes Mahler will talk candidly about:
- Tracking202/Bloosky deal
- The future of affiliate marketing
- What to expect in the coming months
- Door-to-door service to the Meetup from 5-7pm
- get picked up at the RIO Pavilion Entrance after “Ask The Experts”
- get dropped off at the front lobby of The Palms
- Network with top affiliates
- Schmooze with leading networks
- Open Bar
- Free Food
- Good times with good people
- Free photos with your friends
- Raffle for valuable prizes including: Computers, Headphones, Flip Camera and more
- Win a “Bro-mantic Man Date” with Wes and Steven!
- After the Meetup stay at the Palms for the Mundo Media party (Invite only Please contact Mundo Media)
Everyone has come out with their goals for 2010 and thought I would jump into the fray. So here are my 10 goals for 2010, in no particular order:
- Relaunch of Demolitionfourm.com – I am currently working on the site now, we are upgrading to vBulletin 4.0 with the CMS and Blog. I have it running on a test site now before launching to a full live version. I am also incorporating aMember for paid subscriptions/registrations, adding a new directory, and a new classifieds, possibly 68 Classifieds, plus tons of new features and resources for the demolition industry.
- Double our monthly subscribers to “Inside the Industry” Demolition Newsletter by May 1st.
- To start blogging at least 2-3 times a week. I have neglected this blog and I have tons of stuff I would like to post, but I just need to sit down and do it.
- Read at least one business book a month, currently reading Who’s Got You Back by Keith Ferrazzi. Next up will be Trust Agents by Chris Brogan and after that will be Start Where You Are by Chris Gardner (The Pursuit of Happyness). Looking for some additional books to read, so looking for some of your suggestions.
- Have more Seattle Affiliate Meet-ups After meeting with Bloosky in California last month there was a lot I learned from other organizers and looking forward to taking the Meet-ups in a little different direction.
- On top of holding the meet-ups, my goal also includes attending more local events/meetups. I think I am missing out on several opportunities.
- Build out my new home office. We are still deciding where to build it. We have chosen 2 separate areas and have designs for both; it’s just a matter of choosing which one and just get building it.
- Start doing some more joint venture projects. I have a couple in the works now and looking forward to doing some more.
- Continue to make new friends in the affiliate space and continue building relationships and friendships with those who I have met in the past.
- Continue to work on keeping my weight at a reasonable level; although I have been up and down recently, I have been working hard to get to my goal weight.
Bonus: Be the best husband I can and to be the best dad that I can be to my children and our newest addition coming in June.
My friends from Unique Blog Designs have done it again with their new Squeeze Theme.
So what is Squeeze Theme?
It is the easiest way to create squeeze pages in WordPress, yes WordPress! All you have to do is choose the theme you want to run, add the text, photo or video and you’re on your way..
So what is a Squeeze Page?
A squeeze page is a single web page with the sole purpose of capturing emails and other information for follow-up targeted marketing to the user later.
I have played around with it for a little while, and I am here to tell you that nothing is easier to start collecting emails, I am no designer or coder by any stretch, but with this and WordPress, I had a site up and running in no time.
The member’s area:
When you first login into the member’s area it is packed with a full Resource Center, including a step-by-step video tutorial guide, and a support forum.
The videos are easy to follow along with and if you don’t have time to watch the videos there are also step by step instructions below the videos. But take the time to watch the videos, they are worth watching.
When you’re inside the member’s area you also have the opportunity to sign up for Squeeze Camp (if you haven’t already). Squeeze Camp is a 12-week guide to mastering Squeeze Theme and building your email list. The course that will take you from novice or intermediate level, to expert level when it comes to building and managing your email lists.
I highly recommend Squeeze Theme. Unique Blog Designs is currently running a special until December 1st, you can get Squeeze Theme for 34% off.
I just realized I haven’t updated my blog in weeks.
So what’s been going on?
Well for me, on the personal front, my wife and I are expecting our 3rd child in June. It was a little bit of a surprise, as we have been saying for years we’re done. We’re very excited and a little bit nervous at the same time, as our youngest turns 5 in a couple of weeks, so it’s been awhile since when had an infant around.
I have also been playing with Daily Booth a little bit. So if you’re on there let me know and I follow you. Nothing is more entertaining than watching the live stream and how fast and interesting some of the pictures that people post are.
Now onto the weight loss, I have slowed down as of late due to with some much work on my plate, I am pretty much hold at 225 and it’s goes up and down for there, but it’s been steady. I hope to plan on getting going again, especially before Affiliate Summit.
Business wise, business has been great. I will post more about what’s been going on tomorrow.
Yesterday vBulletin announced a new pricing structure for the new 4.0 suite, well like I said there was going to be some backlash about it and now vBulletin announced today that they are giving those with an expired license a deal now.
For licenses that expired in the last 12 months, we are offering an extra $45 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings of $50. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $190, a total savings of $95.
For licenses that expired more than 12 month ago, we are offering an extra $25 discount for advance ordering, in addition to the publicly available pre-sale savings of $50. This means the all new vB 4.0 Publishing Suite will cost you only $210, a total savings of $75.
I’m sure there will be some of those who will complain about this pricing too. You can’t please everyone!